Global Certified Management Accountant (GCMA) is our key qualification in accountancy.
GCMA is awarded by Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). SQA is sponsored by the Scottish Government’s Learning Directorate. SQA helps people to realise their potential and to achieve their ambitions by providing a wide range of high quality, internationally recognised qualifications.
SQA work with organisations such as IQN to develop and deliver our qualifications and assessments. Around 15,000 teaching professionals and industry specialists support SQA operations annually, helping to ensure that SQA qualifications accurately reflect learners’ knowledge and skills and provide routes to jobs or further study.
SQA also awards a range of other qualifications, including customised awards to meet the needs of individual companies and organisations. ‘GCMA’ qualification have been approved by SQA as customised award.
SQA has two main roles: accreditation, and awarding qualifications. In UK, SQA accredits qualifications other than degrees. SQA approves, and quality assures awarding bodies that plan to enter people for these qualifications.
As awarding body, SQA
• validates qualifications such as GCMA (makes sure the qualification is well written and meet the needs of learners and tutors)
• reviews ‘GCMA’ to ensure the qualification is up to date
• reviews and externally verifies the exams of people taking GCMA qualification
• quality-assures GCMA qualifications and IQN which offers SQA customised awards
• issues certificates to candidates who have passed GCMA exams
Scottish Qualifications Certificate (SQC)
Please click here to know more about SQA Qualifications certificate.